I needed a report page, where I wanted to have some information that only admin can view. And, I was in no mood of custom coding. So, the objectives are:
- Create a new Page with admin role restriction
- Its menu entry should be created under Reports section so that I dont need to remember its URL
Create a new Admin Page
I used views module for this. Lets have a look at the steps:
- Goto /admin/structure/views/add
- Give a name and description
- Click on Create a page.
- Give a title, and path. Note: The path can start from anywhere. I gave its path as /admin/stories
- Under Page Settings in middle of view edit screen
- Click on Access setting, select Role in Access restrictions, Apply. Select Role as Administrator
- Click on Menu, and select Reports as shown in below image
- Goto /admin/reports/ You will see your menu created here. Now, you can put more blocks in this page. Everything here will be accessible to Administration role only.