Introduction to Problem
I have some data related to users. For example: which are the files users have downloaded. This information is private to user. I wanted to show users their history of activities. Views are fantastic module to create a view block for this kind of purpose. I configured it to show data I wanted, and show it on user profile page.
But, the issue now is, everybody can see everybody’s data. The objective was to show user data to current logged-in user only. ANd, the data must belong to him only.
Its not like User-A should be able to see User-B data.
- In your view, click on Advanced, then Add a Relationship
- Search for Author. Add it.
- After selecting, on next screen. Click on Require this relationship
- Add a Filter. Search for Current user. Note: This field will be visible only when you have added Relationship, as mentioned above
- Select relationship of author, which you just created in above steps.
- In Operator, select Is equal to
- On right hand side, under option Is the logged in user, select Yes
Save the view. Thats it. Note: This post does not include which fields to show, on which page to show.